puddlestash

Splashing around in my own other splashings!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Canada

I read lots. I have a cat. I drink coffee. Therefore, I am.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Answers to [NOT SO] Famous Firsts

1) Crome Yellow -- ALDOUS HUXLEY
2) Poor Folk -- FYODOR DOSTOYEVSKY
3) Player Piano -- KURT VONNEGUT
4) The Voyage Out -- VIRGINIA WOOLF
5) Grimus -- SALMAN RUSHDIE
6) Jonah's Vine Gourd -- ZORA NEALE HURSTON
7) The Town and the City -- JACK KEROUAC
8) Cup of Gold -- JOHN STEINBECK
********

2 Comments:

Blogger Pala said...

I only got 2. But for the record I reckon' Chome Yellow is Huxley at his best. It's his first novel, and so when he was still doing social satire - well before he became enamoured first by politics and later by entheogens.

I always felt like Huxley spent the first part of his career trying to match that first brilliance (not to say that other early works aren't at least very good), and that he spent the last part of his life somewhat trying to make up for the biting cyncism of his youth.

8:18 AM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

I got one! I knew the Hurston from studing her in school! :)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home