puddlestash

Splashing around in my own other splashings!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Canada

I read lots. I have a cat. I drink coffee. Therefore, I am.

Friday, August 17, 2007

The Missing Dollar







Answer to The Missing Dollar.
The answer is in the way the question is worded.
You cannot add what one person HAS to what someone else has PAID and come up with any kind of a meaningful number. You have to subtract.

Each man has paid $9. $9 x 3 = $27.
The bellhop has $2. So… subtract that $2.
The difference is $25.
The hotel clerk has that $25.

To look at it from the standpoint of the original $30.
Each man has $1.
The bellhop has $2.
The hotel clerk has $25.

And I have to get to work…. so I can make some money!
Cheers!
-- Cip

*********

3 Comments:

Blogger Soph said...

That is one crazy logic problem.

Here's something for you:

Flopsy, Mopsy, Topsy were flop-eared bunnies.
Who was their mother.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Rebecca H. said...

Oh, man, I wanted to figure that out, but I couldn't!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Math and I will never get along. Ever. Never. Nope.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home